Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The not so fun post....



Yes, it has taken me some time to get to the point where I can talk about one of the saddest things in my world right now.

Yes, this is my beloved cat Kokoro. Most people have never seen her, let alone met her...she bonded to me, and that was it! Kokoro fought Inflammatory Bowel Disease her whole life, and on June 30th, 2009 I made the decision that she should be free from her pain. I LOVED this cat! She was sorely misunderstood most of the time...my mom said she "wasn't any fun" because she pretty much stayed away from everyone, except me. When I met her, she was a new mommy, with a litter of 4 living at my friend Beth's house. She being a bengal had so much wild in her, that she was quite skittish. I was there for about 10 minutes, before she decided to come and check me out..and then it was maybe another 5 minutes before she decided I was "ok". This in itself is amazing because she had seemed to already bond to one person-Beth's son, and Bengals are known to only bond to one person in their life. Over the next month or so, the more I was there, the more she hung around me, until it got to a point that you could tell she missed me when I was away, and when she heard my voice, she would meow so loud and so long, you thought she would pass out from lack of oxygen! The only thing that would stop her was me picking her up, loving her and telling her that I was "home" and it was "ok." That meow was the sign of a bond that never dimmed, only grew deeper and deeper. for years we went like this. Kokoro hiding under a bed until I came around, and then not wanting to leave my side when I would come over, or when she had yet another litter of kittens. She was the best mom! I knew how she felt, and what she was thinking, we had our own silent communication, especially when seh finally came to live with me over a year ago. Much comfort and love was shared between the both of us, and there are so many things that I am going to miss...the way she loved to have her nose rubbed, her silky soft fur, her meow, her love of laser lights...the sounds she made when she would chase and play....I could go on, but will not...I know she is safe and happy, and I hope she watches over me..I'm sure she does! There will never be another like her, and I am blessed that she was mine, even for a very short 6 years...she was worth it!

So, until we meet again, Sleep, Play, Hunt, and Run my sweet Kokoro. I sure do LOVE YOU!

No comments: