Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Maybe, but Maybe Not.

So If you've been around me for the past 7 weeks for any length of time, you will probably have already heard my "tummy woes". Can't eat, makes me hurt and want to puke, can't exercise because I do puke, sometimes bending over makes me puke...am tired..blah blah blah. I was told that it was most likely my gallbladder. Had an ultrasound done, and wow, looks like there might be some "crystals" in there. The next thing I knew I was in it for a HIDA scan: and if you don't know what it is, just know that it's awful. After my yucky scan, I was off to see the Surgeon who says: "you know you are one of those cases where we just can't put our finger on it. You have classic symptoms of gallbladder issues, but it's functioning at 100% and there are no "crystals" to be seen anywhere. I can remove it if you want, but can't guarantee that your problem will be fixed." I'm the type of girl who has to have a guarantee. If you aren't POSITIVE with what you are saying or doing...I don't want to play! Thanks very much, but I like my internal organs where they are, I would just like them to function and not make it impossible for me to do the things I love doing. My next step is a Stomach Study. That's scheduled for next week. I hear that it isn't "as bad" as the Radiation injection followed by medication that makes certain organs contract and you want to curl up in a ball, but can't because you have to lay completely still for an hour and fifteen minutes...(yes that's a HIDA scan) but you do have to drink chalky white stuff, lay in wierd positions, drink more, changed to funnier positions....and it takes oh only a mere 90 minutes! After that you ask? You guessed it! Surgical consult again! Sometimes I promise simple would be just fine in my world. For now I'm stuck with maybe....maybe not!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh Man!!! You poor girl!!! I wish zuchini bread would fix the problem!

Kellie said...

I'd take your zuchini bread any day! it's YUMMY.