Thursday, July 30, 2009

Beef Stew and Orange Juice?

yes that is right, this is the latest and greatest test for tummy trouble! Since the HIDA scan showed that my gallbladder is A-OK, the surgeon I saw decided I should have a stomach study done. I figured it was something not so thrilling, since it had me head back to Nuclear Medicine (if they ever tell you that your test is done in Nuclear Medicine...RUN!) but I decided not to research much of what was done. Well let me tell ya! you go into the same room as the scanner, they sit you down, tell you that you are going to eat some Dinty Moore Beef Stew, and Orange Juice. Hmm. I've eaten worse, no big deal. I'm sure as kids we all ate stuff that as adults we go "GROSS!". So yeah, you get to eat that but before you eat it, they take it away, put gloves on, open a "hazard" vial and inject radiation into both the beef stew and the orange juice! YUMMY!! Just want you want at 7:20 in the morning, a hearty breakfast of radioactive meat potatoes gravy, and then wash it down with radioactive oj! Sign me up! Oh, and then they tell you that you have to eat and drink it within ten minutes or start over :(

I don't think that Beef Stew or Orange Juice will ever be on my menu again. Seriously.
What will they think of next??? Or do I not want to know....

No comments: