Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas 2009




I think this Christmas has surpassed most any other Christmas out there! Why? Why Not? We started the celebration off by none other than the awesomest Christmas Openhouse! John had never been to such a thing... honestly not many people have. I don't really know of many people that live in a house with a huge pipe organ in it. I don't think we had as many people come this year as other years past...but that's A-OK with me! Just means more rolls, ham, meatballs, chips and dip, and cookies for me :)

Next we rolled into Christmas Eve with John coming to hang out with us for Christmas Eve Dinner :) Pot Roast, Vegetables, Salad, Rolls.. seriously I wish we ate this well everyday! The Taylor's came over, as well as my Sister and her fabulous family, it ROCKED! (I would have snapped a few photos of all of this, unfortunately my camera had a "falling out" and no longer exists)

Christmas morning we headed over to Heidi and Brian's for the opening of the gifts, and the best Brunch possible. This year we started a new tradition. Not only was John there, but a great friend came. Melanie is the AWESOMEST of AWESOME and I just absolutely adore her! Thanks for coming Melanie! By the time Brunch was over, we were stuffed to the brim with biscuits and gravy, sausage, hashbrowns, bacon, scrambled eggs, belgium waffles, orange juice, and raspberry crumb cake. Honestly I believe I am still full! We all headed in our various directions, and my parents, John, and myself went back to have our own little present party...Sweaters, Cameras, Drill Bit sets, Pictures, Nerf Guns, and much more were thrown around our house. (yes I got a camera) Later, John and I packed up and headed for is side of town-

Des and Ty seemed pretty happy with the gifts that they were given, and we had the very much expected 30 minute nerf war afterward. Following this fun filled, sometimes a little dangerous event, we went to see the grandparents, and eat at the parents' home. Did I mention we were still full? By the time we returned, I wanted a nap but no one else did, so we played Twists and Turns of Life, Animal Crossing, Monopoly, Nerf Tag, Lego Starwars...and the best part...John let Des put make-up on him!!! I would've taken a picture of this awesome, never seen event...but I am afraid myself or the camera wouldn't have made it back in one piece to share the story! It was cool! The next best part was Des falling asleep mid-sentence at about 2:30 a.m. This is a weekend that I could have put on repeat several times over and never been sick of!

Saturday, Des decided she was done hanging out with us, so John, Ty and I drove back to Salt Lake, hung out at my house for a bit before going with the whole family (Melanie included) to see The Princess and The Frog. If you haven't seen it yet, GO SEE IT! The only thing that could've made it better is if we didnt' have to park 3 miles from the theater and if John hadn't gotten sick during/afterward (poor guy)

Here are just a few of the photos that did make it back with me ;)
Heading to get the kids...






Ty with the most favorite toy! Watch Out!!!!



After Des painted John's face...and mine...I painted hers!



Ty had so much fun...it was nap time on the way to my house :)

I  (Heart) them All!!!

No comments: