Saturday, November 24, 2012

Another year has gone by...

Ha ha!

I used to harp on my sister for not blogging, because I absolutely LOVE reading her stuff! I don't think I can harp on her anymore- she has actually posted stuff before me now. I would be lying if I said that I was waiting for her to start blogging again before I did. We could always pretend though *wink wink*

A lot has happened in a year I must admit... Some day maybe I will try to catch it all up- but today is probably not going to be that day. Just know, that it has been filled with happy moments, very sad moments, knee surgery, and trying to stay sane  :)

One of the great things that has happened though- John and I finally met with our bishop. We have been in the ward for over a year and a half and and it is still like we are strangers to everyone. Honestly getting asked if you are new almost every Sunday gets a little old. Are we that invisible???

I have been struggling with the fact that I don't feel a part of the ward. I feel like I am not contributing because I don't have a calling. I came from a ward where it wasn't uncommon for me to have multiple callings at a time, and I loved it! I explained all of this- and wouldn't you know it, I was extended a call and will be set apart this Sunday :) I can't say what it is yet... just know that it's a calling that feels like home to me :)

Thanksgiving was awesome! Mom always does a super fantastic job with the food- and we were able to have the kids with us for a bit. We ran late getting there because of issues beyond our control, and everyone waited for us- it sure made us feel special! The food was so good, John, Ty and I went back to Mom and Dad's for leftovers last night :) Now it is my turn to fix dinner for them :) Mac and Cheese here they come! Ha ha ha!!!  Seriously, I will try to make something good :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so glad you got a calling! And I bet I can guess where it is! I hope you guys are doing well, despite various struggles.

Erin said...

I'm glad you finally got a calling! (I bet I know what it is!) I hope you guys are doing well despite various trials you are going through. We love you!