Friday, September 23, 2011

February 13, 2010

My 30th birthday. I will forever remember this day… It was one of the most awesome and wonderful days of my life.


For Christmas the year before, Deserae wanted to be treated to a manicure/pedicure. John and I discussed it, and thought it would be a great “girls day” activity, and so it was promised that we would have it done for her Christmas, and my Birthday. Because of weather and timing, my actual birthday became the day.

John came with Deserae and Ty in tow to pick me up from my parents’ home. It was kind of a bleak morning, as the clouds kept threatening rain. Neither one of us girls really knew what to expect for this lovely treat… Deserae was not all that into girly stuff and well, I had never thought about having this type of stuff done. We headed to the Mirage Day Spa in Salt Lake, on the way discussing which colors would end up on our fingers and toes. The place looked great, and with that we bid farewell to the boys, and sent them on their way to do whatever boys do. As Deserae and I sat with are feet in water and massagers running up and down our backs, one of the beauticians came in with Flowers and jewelry for us. What a sweetheart John is! I wish he could have been there to see the look on her face. . . Her smile was priceless and warmed my heart! We laughed and giggled and chatted with the girls that were assigned to fix our poorly kept feet. Once the color was put on our toes, and those weird flip flops were in place, we headed over to get our hands massaged, and nails painted. Looking back, I think it would have been smarter for them to do our hands first…and I believe one of the ladies even mentioned that… bad on their part! We chose our colors and let the painting begin.

John and Ty came to pick us up, and pay for the stuff…by the time we got to the door to leave, it was raining pretty nicely! My sweetheart carried us to the car so that our feet wouldn’t be ruined by the rain. By this time, Ty was starving, and it was time for lunch anyway. We decided KFC would be our dining of choice…quick, easy, and no one complains about KFC ;)On the way to get food, Deserae and John kept passing his phone back and forth, obviously in a very serious conversation that no one else was supposed to see. My curiosity was killing me…but I refrained from saying anything. When we reached my parents home… The nail polish on my hands looked like it was melting off. I hadn’t even touched anything. My conclusion… OLD NAILPOLISH! Mine and Deserae’s toes didn’t look any better either. What a disappointment! We sat down and ate our lunch, then went up to my room, where there were plenty of things for kids to do- Computer, Xbox, Gamecube, T.V. Deserae and John were looking up dogs on KSL classifieds, Ty was playing Lego Starwars, and I sat on my bed soaking it all in. What a beautiful family, I felt so blessed to be a part of their lives on this special day!

As I watched Ty bust through Lego dudes and run all over the place, John asked me to come over to the computer. I looked in his direction and said “what do you need?” Deserae then told me to get my rear-end over there, they wanted to show me something. I went over, as John stood up, and I sat in the chair. I stared at the computer screen wondering what the heck was so important on the main page of KSL.com. Just as I was about to say something, I felt someone turn my chair ever so smoothly toward the door. There John knelt on his right knee, and said: “I love you with all of my heart, and the kids love you too. Will you marry me?” I hugged and kissed him and told him YES!!!! My heart skipped several beats, as I floated in the air. He had FINALLY asked! I had wanted him to ask for ages!

I hugged Deserae, and Ty, and walked into the hallway, emotions so overwhelming I was trying hard not to cry. Deserae came out and said. “so you know this means you are gonna be our mom right? You are okay with that right?” My heart melted even more, my love for them is endless! I don’t think Deserae will ever know how much her question meant to me…I don’t know if she will ever truly understand how much I love her, and how much I love Ty. My love for them is endless! My love for John, knows no bounds either! He is my Peter Pan, and I am his Tinkerbell!

What a gift it was, what a special time. Now each year on my birthday I will remember all those special moments, along with manicures, pedicures, and Kentucky Fried Chicken!

No comments: